Repeating Courses

Upon notifying the Registrar and with the permission of the instructor, a student who has earned grades of C-, D, or F in a course may repeat the course for the purpose of mastery of the subject. All grades are entered on the student's permanent record, but only the last grade is used in calculating the grade-point average. Only one enrollment is used in computing the total number of credits. Such repeated courses count in the calculation of the student's load for Veterans' benefits only if the original grade was F, or if a grade higher than C- is required for graduation. If the repeated course is to be taken other than in residence at The College of Idaho, permission must be granted by the Vice President for Academic Affairs (or designee) in accordance with limitations on credit listed under Graduation Requirements.