Incomplete Grades

The grade of I, or Incomplete, may be assigned only when the student has completed the majority of coursework with a grade of D or better and when the instructor believes the student's inability to complete the course is due to legitimate causes beyond the student's reasonable control. The instructor and student must complete an Incomplete Grade Contract. All work for the course must be completed and a final grade submitted to the Registrar by the end of the next semester (Fall or Spring), or the grade of F will be recorded. Instructors may establish earlier deadlines. By petition and with the permission of the instructor concerned, the Vice President for Academic Affairs may extend the time for completion in cases of hardship.